Tuesday 29 June 2010

[Props] Data Chips

Hermesetas; a nice replacement for sugar in my tea and also a nicely-shaped data module; some kind of plug-in Data Storage Device.

Specifically, they remind me of the Ancient data modules in Stargate: Atlantis.

While I think it might be easier to make the Ancient-style DSDs from thick plastic card, the hermesatas plug-ins work as removable data modules. Problem is, I'm still working on how to give them the crystal look using paintjobs. I figured that I can draw on silver/gold circuitry, but need a glass/crystal effect for the pieces themselves.

Any suggestions?

1 comment:

  1. :

    depending on what sort of finish you want

    not that i've ever tried this , but you could try a thin coat of light glue then sprinkle sugar or salt crystals over that , then paint over it .

    or consciously crinkle some celatape so you get the ridges e t c

    then tape it over the modules , putting the clear blue paint mix on before or after .

    you'll have to experiment yourself , paint jobs are still to be forthcoming for me

    as i'm more the scratch construction person

    paint jobs are the luxury of completed projects


    still that should work

    :

    ReplyDelete